Position: Payroll Account Specialist
Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Malta, NY
Hours: Mon-Thurs 8:30-5:00, Fri 8:30-3:00
Pay Range (Based on Experience): $18-$25 an hour
To Apply: Please send your most current resume to: HR@priorityonepayroll.com
Responsibilities of this Position:
1. Managing the entire customer experience for approx. 250 clients.
- Manage a steady flow of communication via email, fax, phone, and online with efficiency in organization, prioritization, and timely response time.
- Accurately respond to client inquiries with knowledge gained from internal leadership and training, as well as FPC exam preparation and continued education.
- Maintain professionalism and courtesy in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment, with both clientele and internal staff.
- Efficiently and accurately complete tasks according to importance, regularly prioritizing to meet daily deadlines.
2. Email Communication
- Tracking, sorting, prioritizing, and responding to many emails throughout the day.
- Receiving emailed payrolls and understanding how to balance the workload.
- Receiving requests for reports, employee changes and other client requests.
- Answering general payroll questions from coworkers and clients through your workday.
- Understanding the importance of responding to highest priority emails in an efficient and timely manner.
3. Phone Communication
- Communication with clients by phone to answer all payroll related questions.
- Organize and conduct scheduled phone calls with clients to capture the necessary payroll information.
- Intake calls from clients who make requests for reports, employee changes and other payroll related questions by phone.
- Balancing workload and answering general payroll questions from clients, according to importance.
4. Data Collection and Entry
- Entering information in Execupay payroll software – payroll hours, new employees, employee changes, wage garnishments, benefit deductions, benefit accruals.
- Payrolls are submitted via phone, fax, email, excel and online.
- Entering payroll data into the system and double checking for accuracy of this data to avoid payroll errors.
5. Customer service
- Building strong relationships and a high level of trust with clients and the team.
- Understanding and explaining payroll reporting to provide the highest level of service to our clients.
- Understanding payroll laws to ensure clients are always compliant.
- Maintaining knowledge of the services we offer to provide clients with the best service experience.
- Offering guidance regarding workers comp, disability, and paid family leave, as needed.
- Troubleshooting client issues, resolving errors, and creating a strong line of communication between you and the client.
Characteristics to be successful in this position:
- Attention to detail is a REQUIRED skill needed to succeed in this position.
- Must be able to meet daily deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Professional communication – verbal and written.
- Dependable, Honest and Trustworthy.
- Shows initiative and willingness to learn.
- Organization, Multi-tasking, and Problem-solving skills.
- Recognize when a client might benefit from another service, or additional services
- High School Diploma.
- Behind the scenes, Payroll Service experience, Preferred.
- Experience with Execupay payroll software, Preferred.
- Experience with managing multiple clients at one time, Preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Proficiency with Email, Required.
- FPC or CPP certifications*, Preferred
*We will pay for the exam for the 1st attempt. If passed, then $1,000.00 bonus. Test will need to be retaken every 3 years. Bonus is for the first time only.
Overview of Benefits Offered:
- PTO and Sick Pay
- 6 Paid Holidays
- 401k with Profit Sharing
- Group Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 100% Employee (Single Only) Paid Health Insurance and Health Savings Plan
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Allstate Insurance for other insurances
*Background Checks will be conducted as part of the hiring process.