The department offers three methods for electronically filing withholding tax returns:
- Tax Department Web File – You can make withholding payments, file withholding tax returns, and report wage and UI (unemployment insurance) information. Learn more about Web File.
- Tax Department Web upload – The fastest and easiest way to make withholding payments, file returns, and report withholding tax, wage, and UI information. Learn more about Web upload.
- FSET compatible software – Some commercially available software allows you to use the FSET (Federal/State Employment Taxes) program to file withholding returns and report wage and UI information. See which software programs are compatible with FSET.
- Additional information on filing methods.
- Create an Online Services account, if you don’t already have one.
- View NYS.gov demos to learn how to create your account and file withholding tax returns online.
Find this an other helpful information at tax.ny.gov